Saturday 5 April 2008

Spread the news

Here's proof that spreading the word counts for something. I took the Jag (and the 6 spare wheels) up to Croxley Tyres, and got them to do a final check that we have enough good ones to get us round. I know, you're sick of hearing about Jaguar tyres by now, but there's a point.

When I explained what we were doing in the Jag he said "Oh yes - I read all about that in the Watford Observer!". So our page 11 coverage in the local rag has paid off - the garage charged me nothing in the spirit of charity, and even gave me the paper to take away! So, big thanks to Croxley Tyres, New Road, Croxley Green.

On the way back, I stopped off where the boys are doing the work on the van. It really is like something out of the A-Team. Most of the suspension has been taken apart, and our trusty mechanic was up to his arms in it. With the help of a truckload of tools, I'm expecting them to come up with a contraption to fire cabbages at the bad guys (without killing any of them of course). It seemed to be going fairly well, so I left them to it just as the rain started.






1 comment:

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.